GIVING TUESDAY: 2021 In Review & A Look Ahead
Cut Fruit Collective is a SF Bay Area grassroots group creating art for AAPI community care.
- Support AAPI artists
- Amplify AAPI activists
- Invest in vulnerable AAPI communities
- Build coalitions across AAPI communities and beyond
WHAT WE DOPLACEKEEPING
Collaborate with AAPI creatives and communities to inspire active care and deep connections to AAPI neighborhoodsCAPACITY BUILDING
Provide creative skills and resources to develop and strengthen AAPI small businesses, organizations, and neighborhoods.
Your donations and support went towards:
- $25K Grants to AAPI small businesses, organizations, and artists
- 30+ Collaborations with or features of AAPI creatives
- 20+ Original essays, infographics, resources, & educational content
- 5 Free arts, crafts, & storytelling community events + activations
- 2 Mural projects
We also evolved from Save Our Chinatowns grassroots relief to Cut Fruit Collective, fiscally sponsored project of Possibility Labs 501c3!
- EXPAND our programs and coalition building into more AAPI communities
- ACTIVATE more physical and digital community spaces
- CONNECT AAPI creative power with small businesses, orgs, & neighborhoods to build solidarity
- GROW our team sustainably and thoughtfully. Our current team size is less than 5 people!
Over the past year here are a few challenges we're continuing to face:
- Transitioning from crisis relief to long term community building
- Navigating mutual aid vs. existing non profit structures & mentality (Finding support through solidarity not charity)
- Building for sustainability and longevity
- Proving to partners and donors the value of community & cultural work as well as the value of paying for creative labor
- Committing the time and resources needed for foundational relationship building
Your support & donations help us to move beyond these challenges
WAYS TO GIVE
Here are some ways to support our work:
- RECURRING DONATIONS
- Recurring donations of any quantity support our team on an ongoing basis. Link here!
- MATCHED GIVING
- Check to see if your company is offering matched giving through platforms like Benevity. Share with your colleagues!
- CREATIVE FUNDRAISERS
- We love seeing the amazing creativity in your community fundraisers.
We're so grateful for your support this Giving Tuesday! We've got a few special gifts for donors.
$5/month or $60 one-time
Gift: A special zine
$10/month or $120 one-time
Gift: A special zine and a reusable tote
We always appreciate donations of any size. Your donations are tax deductible. We are a fiscally sponsored project of Possibility Labs, a 501c3 EIN 85-389363.
Donate through our website or mail a check to:
Possibility Labs c/o Cut Fruit Collective
1410 Franklin St., #135, San Francisco, CA 94109